Series of unfortunate events.. or blessings in disguise?

For awhile, I found myself feeling as if my life were a cruel joke.. one which I was the butt to. One thing after another, I was overwhelmed with disappointment.
All that I had been in love with about my life- crumbled at my feet.
I won't say that I handled it well.. that would be a gross overstatement. In fact, If I were to be honest.. I would say I sucked it up.
In hindsight (I find myself using that a lot here lately... and I'm only 17!) I see that I was doing quite a bit of what I called "venting" I believe a more accurate title would be "whining". Constant "why did this happen to me... it's always something. Will I ever be happy?" Pathetic, I know. (For all of you that had to hear even the smallest bit of it.. I apologize) I seriously said to myself on a regular basis "WHAT'S THE POINT?"

ANYWAY... The point. I'm getting there, no worries, there is one!
Once again.. in hindsight.. I realized these very things I was all caught up in, painful as they may have been.. and still are to some extent. were not at all worth all the stake I had placed in them. Life is filled with unpredictable surprises. That's why we NEED God. Not all of these surprises will be like the one's you enjoy on your birthday. Some will break your heart, and knock you off your feet.. all at the same time. And as I was saying- cause you to get all caught up in yourself. Lucky for me.. I have a God who is caught up in me. But in a totally different way than I get about myself. I worry.. and fall apart. God is solid. He has nothing to fall apart about. All that happens to us, He knows about, fully. More than that.. He's allowed it to happen.. This tells me that I will for sure get through it. Giving up.. not only does it disappoint and insult God.. but it robs us of the amazing blessings at the end of it.. or my favorite THROUGH and IN it. God sees the whole picture, while we're caught up in this one piece of it. When I'm seeing a 'series of unfortunate events' He's assuring me that it's a blessing in disguise. And the very things that I thought was the end of everything. Has made me stronger. And of course, shown me, yet again.. He is in control. Always.

While I was going through this.. God was sending many people my way. Some of which I'm closer to.. others, however, I had rarely talked to. Some giving advice, or sharing stories... while others, were going through similar situations.. and they asked for advice! (Those were for sure moments I was glad to have the holy spirit residing in me.. because had it not been for that.. they more than likely would have received a Debbie-Downer response) I realize there's much going on in this world around me.. a lot of hurt, confusion, blame, bitterness.. and the list goes on. I could get into specifics of this "LIFE SHATTERING" event I'm referring to.. But I honestly don't feel that it's important. Hurt is hurt... and God's grace.. is constant, sufficient in any and every situation. I am confident that He will be above and beyond what you need Him to be. I'm also aware that it's not always that "easy" while He's made it VERY "easy" to access Him.. close your eyes and pray. We get, as I mentioned before.. 'caught up in ourselves' and afraid, too proud or busy to talk to Him. So I have some words of advice that some came to me asking for. Please, do NOT use this instead of going to God.. no advice given by man will be sufficient to what God has in store. I can't even say the exact words as He with such power.

My advice is this:
I know, we do get caught up in ourselves.. and it feels natural to complain... and complain... and complain. And while we do need some time to "vent" occasionally, to a close friend. I'm afraid that many times what we're calling "venting" becomes, as mine did.. COMPLAINING. (Ouch...Right?)
So-   My suggestion. Find 2 people (to avoid wearing one out :p..) share with them, the hurts and personal things.. to everyone else who asks how you are, if you must say anything.. aside from "I'm good" make it short and sweet. The more we hold on to hurt.. the more it will fester. If you keep re-opening wounds.. they won't heal. Simple as that!

That is my random share time/ gentle rant.. of the day! I hope that you've taken something from it. I am aware that I'm at times a bit open on my blog, especially for it being the big ol' internet.. where anyone could be reading. It's all in hopes that I can help someone learn from my mistakes and experiences. Or that I can help the one who feels lonely, realize there are others out there who struggle. Or maybe it's just reverting back to the old saying "Where there are words; there is power" may we all unite.. whether in typed words, or unspoken thoughts.. and be the body of Christ that we're intended to be!!!



Love always,
Tamara!

Comments

  1. "Lucky for me... I have a God who is caught up in me" ~ beautiful line!

    I've kind of had the same "aha!" moment about 'the Point'. When God placed that tree in the garden he knew all that would befall, yet he chose to do it anyway... because the end result was worth it. I don't understand everything in life, but if the ending makes all the bad things in this life worth it, how wonderful must that ending be.

    (I deleted this comment and reposted it after fixing the ridiculous amount of typos in it ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts