One of my favorite times of year. I always feel so much more motivated to get things done when it stays light later, the birds sing and the weather is nice. This year I am especially ready to get things done! As many of you may know we will be moving into our first home within the next few months. I. Hate. Moving! It only makes sense to me to get rid of unwanted junk! It's less we have to move and find a place for. So, here's my list for April. One "spring cleaning" idea for every day of the month. I thought I would share for anyone else who needs some help getting motivated or needs some ideas of where to start (because I know how overwhelming it can seem)
1. Your kitchen drawers- eliminate the junk drawer!
2. Your bathroom cabinet- look for expired medicine
3. Your closet- have you gone a few months without wearing something? Toss it!
4. Your pantry- look for expired, stale and unwanted food items
5. Your fridge- throw out the old leftovers and clean the shelves
6. Your car- the glove box and middle console are notorious for collecting junk
7. Your dresser
8. Holiday decorations
9. Outdoor areas
10. Craft/school supplies- just because notebooks were .10/ea doesn't mean you need 10!
11. The toy box- rotate toys that were on the bottom and get rid of broken things. Sanitize while you're at it
12. The kids closet(s)
13. The kids dresser(s)
14. The freezer- it's so easy to think anything that's in the freezer is good forever. Even if it is, do you really need it?
15. The garage
16. Kitchen cabinets
17. Scrub the shower
18. Air conditioner vents
19. Dust, dust, dust!!
20. Go through music and photos on your computer
21. Clean out the bookshelves
22. Clean underneath the couch cushions
23. Wash or clean the curtains
24. Go through photos, music and texts on your phone
25. Go through friends list on social media sites. Delete old emails
26. Clean baseboards
27. Clean the inside of your microwave
28. Spruce up pictures hanging on the wall that may have gotten dusty or smudged
29. Go through accessories: hats, purses, jewelry
30. Go through nail polish, lotions, soaps, perfumes