the joy of Giving...


Lately, I've been working on my car... (: cherry red 1991 Chevy Geo Metro :)
it's been my dream car, sense age 6, and I've been not so patiently waiting for the day that I'd get to work on it, and make it run again...
well, as of late, I've been doing just that, and it's been quite fun. Hard work, but very worth it. It makes me feel so accomplished to be under the hood, with the owner's manual, grease on my hands... and my hair in a messy pony-tail!
well, like every other project, this takes money, I had started with $200.00 and I was quite proud of that... I had earned every penny myself, cleaning houses, mowing, babysitting, yard work... etc.
but that was a couple months ago, and after buying some parts, people's birthday's... and treating people to stuff, paying for gas. I'm down to $70.00 to some that would seem like a lot of money, and usually, I would be one of those "some" but, knowing that I started out with much, much more than that, it seems like a 10 dollar bill to me. I thought that buying stuff for people was supposed to make you feel good, but I don't feel good at all.
Is this me being selfish? am I starting to love money too much? I'm confused... I don't like feeling the way I do, I know that the Lord loves a cheerful giver, and I want to be just that... but at the moment, I don't feel that I am.

Dear Jesus,
please help me to focus on giving to others, instead of the size of my wallet, please help me to have more faith in you! I know that if YOU gave me that money once, if it's your will, you'll give it all back, and maybe even more.
Lord, also, please help me to stop being so selfish, help me to think of other's needs above my own.
Help me with my car, if it's your will, help me to fix it up, and give me a sense of accomplishment when it's all done, knowing that I took part in it.
Lord, help me to be a good steward, of what you've blessed me with.
Help me Jesus, to not let Satan, use this as a way to get to me, and to trip me. Help me to do only things that are pleasing in your sight!
Thank you Jesus,
In all these things I pray (Lord, may they be in sincerity..)
-Amen :)

thanks for listening to me whine everybody.

Comments

  1. Dear its not a selfish thought at all. I can give you reasons for these mixed feelings
    1) Since you Love your Car so much and want to make its wheels run like not to stop again, as you worked hard for that and saved money, But unfortunately you have to use that money so when your thoughts get back to car its makes you feel robbed and selfish, its all human nature.
    2)But you Love people more than your car(which is really a good and positive nature of yours where its a rare feature), and That endless love towards others made you do it and it is the Lord's will towards you
    So nothing is wrong in U honey. Be Happy always

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW!!! Gana, thank you very much!
    Mwah! <3 you make me happy.
    I do love my friends, I can't help but give them money and buy them things.
    but at the same time, I would like to get my car running again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts