Breaking down my walls again... You're so good at breaking me, it should really be a sin.



All my efforts, building these walls,then you had to go and make them fall.
I thought I could trust you, this time, I thought maybe you'd be more considerate.
but there you go, crossing every single line, and I don't know why, I'm surprised.
you're tearing down, everything I so carefully set up,
taking down my walls of protection... why do I even attempt perfection?

and you act as if, none of this is your fault
as if you've done nothing at all.

how could you be so naive?? so easy with yourself, and so hard on me?
double standard must be your favorite game, either that, or playing me, but I guess in the end it's all the same.
you don't really care, as long as you get your way.

coming in and out, as you please
excusing any consideration, you ever had for my feelings.
letting go of any hesitation, diving into this you felt free.
you told yourself it always blows over, time wouldn't repeat its-self and tell the story again...
and you were right not another word was spoken,
and I'd never fight you, cause this isn't the first time My heart's been broken, not the first mark, you've left in my future, in my dreams, I bet you couldn't care less about me.

consider yourself lucky, cause I'm sure I could have found, somewhere in this small body of mine, enough strength, to make you feel sorry for all the times you've pushed me to the ground.
consider yourself lucky, that I hate myself just as much as you, or you might have to worry, about me arguing with you.
consider yourself lucky, that you crumbled my walls, and you'll find your way in, over and over again.
consider yourself lucky, you know just how to make what little confidence I have, cave in ... and of course, you've done it once again.
you got away with it, and you're planning your next offense.

building my walls again... but they'll never be as strong as they need to be, you'll always know the way in, you'll never need the key.

Comments

  1. Good poem. I like it.
    And where did you find that picture? I know that artist...Joe Sorren. I have a bunch of his stuff myself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts