A Story of A Man Who Reached Many. Thank God I Was One of Them





I have watched God move in such amazing ways these past few months and weeks, even more than I think I've witnessed in previous years, not to say that He hasn't been moving, but it seems like lately, He's been doing everything all at once. I have a very good friend, who not too long ago, was layed off. And for a pretty stupid reason, at the time, it puzzled me and him, He did a good job, and was liked by his co-workers. Then his un-employment checks stopped coming, he never got to see his son, he was having trouble with his siblings, doubts about his calling, his dad's health was bad... the list seemed to go on forever. But all the while He remained faithful, He came to church, prayed about the situation, was honest, displayed faith that God knew what he was doing, and used that as a witnessing tool to those around him. All the while, he was hoping to go to college to further his education, and eventually become a youth pastor. This seemed impossible.



He didn't have the money, because he was un-employed.

He didn't have a running car.

He had some problems with paperwork.

He had no Idea where he wanted to go.

He didn't even have his shots

Nothing seemed to be working... but He continued to pray “Lord, may your will be done.” And I'll confess. At times, when he prayed that I thought that, that was a lazy prayer. I thought it was an easier way of saying “Lord, do something great so that I won't have to do anything .” well... I was wrong. And what's happened sense then is living proof. a month or so later...



He got accepted into a good college.

His loan was approved.

He was given a car by a gracious, anonymous individual.

He got his physical, and shots. (free of charge.)

He figured out all of the insurance stuff.

He received $400.00 in gas money, from the sibling that he had been struggling with.





He's leaving early Friday morning... all because of the power of prayer, and his Faithfullness to God. Because he trusted God in what seemed like an impossible situation. God rewards praying with honesty, and asking that His will be done. All of those things that I listed above, that were worked out, happened in about the course of a week. How amazing is it, that we have a God, who will allow us sometimes to go through a rough patch, but then turns right around, and shows us how mighty He is, how powerful He is, and that He's still in control, and no matter, what's going on around us. His will, will be done.



Jesse, you will be missed, you have been such an amazing addition to our church, especially our youth. You have ministered in ways I can't even begin to explain... not even the three page letter (with two lines inside of one) you'll be getting tomorrow can begin to tell you how grateful I am to call you my big brother in Christ. I know you'll do well in your studies, and pursuing that dream you have, that calling from God. To be a youth minister. And if you do half as well, as you have with our youth, you'll be irreplaceable. I know that at times, we didn't do our best at showing our appreciation for you, and for that I'm sorry. Your reward is in heaven.



It pains me to see you go, but at the same time, it encourages me to know that you're getting to. I know that this has been a long road for you. And a painful one at that. But you're here, and you've been given the chance to do what you've been called to.

Don't forget hilltop.. or the difference you've made here. I know we'll never forget you



P.S. you're an awesome "assisant Sunday School Teacher"



Comments

  1. Hey Tamara, I absolutely love your blog site. It is awesomeness. I am so Proud of all that you do in your writings. I feel honored to know you and you make me sound way better than I probably am. I love you sis! I am always here for you. Be blessed and know you are a Blessing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts