Dress Drama (Luckily, there's a happy ending)

Intro/ background.
Well.. as you probably know, if you even remotely follow me and my actions on Facebook, I've been going through quite a lot of drama, concerning prom and dresses. I am writing this blog post to kinda fill you all in, let you know what's happening.. and show you how happy I am!!..
it is NOT however to get everyone's approval, opinions and all that. Like I have been doing on Facebook up to this point.. I have decided that a very small group of people are going to be able to see the dress. This group of people includes: Anthony, my parents, his parents and One girlfriend.. You see, I REALLY love this dress. And besides for those people up there ^ I really don't care about everyone else's opinions as much. (Not that I don't care at ALL.. it's just that, if someone really, really, didn't like it, unlike the other dresses, I wouldn't return it. I'm in LOVE with this dress. So don't be offended, please, if you aren't in this small list) This dress is gorgeous and it fits me.. like perfectly. So, you will all get to see the gabs and gabs of pictures I add after prom, but until then, you get to bite your nails.

behind the decision (yes, there's more to it here than me being bi-polar)
-the first dress that I had found was adorable.. but let's just say, I'll have to save it for when I'm 18, or something of that sort.. it was not at all dad approved. And some even said that it wasn't all that prom-y
...so, me being the little people-pleaser-worrier that I am, I went out to a consignment shop and found another dress.. but my VERY stressed, also worried mother was with me.. and she was looking for a few things, and nothing outside of that 1. cheap.. 2. dad approved. And those things aren't necessarily bad. But I want to be more than a pilgrim or the 'goodwill girl' at prom. I want to feel beautiful and breath-taking. I want to feel stunning and elegant.. Well, I threw all that out the window.. bought a dress that was WAAAAY too big- and not big on my list. But I did it anyway to make her happy..
then after a serious heart-to-heart with my guardian angel and mentor (Melissa) we both decided that:
1. I got the dress to make parents happy.. it didn't make me happy
2. I needed to be happy too.
3. the dress really was too big, and complicated- so it probably wouldn't work either.
4. I need to be more than just 'parent pleasing' and 'cheap' at prom.. I should want to feel beautiful and lovely.
and lastly.. we decided that it wouldn't hurt to look around some more. Without my mom there to stress me out.

finding the dress/ that perfect moment.
so.. after looking in 7-8ish different stores.. trying on 12 different dresses, being stripped off in just a bra and undies in front of ladies I didn't even know.. at all. And some practical talks with Melissa saying "this WOULDN'T fly with dad".. or "this might", or "this is okay, but not fabulous"- I finally found it.. THE dress. One that had made me smile more than all the others.. one that made me forget the FAVORITE dress of mine, that I loved over all the others (and gave up to please my dad) one that needed ZERO alterations, and fit me perfectly. One that is now, hanging up in my room.. MY room. One that I can't stop talking or thinking about.. one that has me blushing RIGHT now. One that made me go "Oh my gosh, I actually have a butt, and hips.. I wish that GWEN were here, she'd be so proud" one that has me giggling, giddy- and practicing walking in heels. So that I won't trip and make a fool of myself.
Anyway.. I COULD go on, and on, and on about this.. but. I'll spare you- and just have you super surprised and ready for my prom pictures, so you can see the dress :) and that handsome boy of mine :)

Comments

  1. okay so i really like this just saying haha :D especially that last paragraph or two about the perfect dress and all :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you!! :)) I really like it too, because this story does have a very happy ending. I'm like done stressing about prom. Period. Now I'm VERY excited.. and nothing less of that. Before I was worrying all the time about everything. Now I'm like "I have a date, dress, shoes, jewelry, corsage is half-way done, I have a place to stay, I kinda know how to get ready.. I'm pumped" HAHA

    Also.. you commented at 8:08 (Bob:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you, (Tamara) You look AMAZING in the dress.. Just so you know :) It's gorgeous, as are you. And on Prom day, you'll be freaking out, and then you'll step into your dress and be like "Yo, this is Bridget talking. Tamara, stop freaking out. You look good. Now, lets go."
    Happy ever after.. Haha :)
    And Anthony, read your inbox.. It'll make you laugh I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts