You will know the truth, and the truth shall set you free..” Remember when Jesus said this? Many of us do.. but do we use it often? (Selah)
Until recently, I had never thought to.
After my world was flipped upside down, I found myself talking to a Christian counselor that was visiting a church I've been half-heartedly attending for awhile. He told me this;
“Tamara, it sounds very seriously to me, that you would benefit greatly from putting your thoughts on trial..”
At fist, the idea sounded ridiculous.. as many unfamiliar things do. After he explained it to me.. I wasn't absolutely convinced.. but it at least made more sense. So I began to unconsciously try it out.. and let me tell you. Even without an incredible amount of effort- it made an amazing impact on me!! So much so, that I do it now, very much on purpose. And I thought that I would share it with those of you who may be interested.. and more than likely, you need it.

We are in so many ways, in bondage. Even us believers.
Our lives could be so different.. if only we would make it that way. We hide behind lies that we “can't”, “it's too hard”.. when really, God has made it quite simple. We can always use the power that He's given us, to condemn the lies, FOR SATAN IS THE FATHER OF LIES. When we allow those lies to enter our minds, and take us over, we're living in slavery, bondage.. when we could be completely free through Christ. so.. now that you have the idea, and meaning behind this, lets get down to how to do it.
Think of your mind as a court room. You are the jury. You have all the power.. to over-rule, sustain.. whatever you need to do. The lies, thoughts, worries.. they are all lawyers, witnesses. Some may have a big bark.. but remember, you're over them. Let's go through the process of sifting through the lies, and giving them less power.

LIE: I'm fat...
POSITION: Trapped by the lie
HOPE: That I'll prove it wrong (Over-rule)
PROOF: You wear size 0 jeans, people always call you tiny, you get hand-me-UPS, you are placed in the middle seat...ETC
TRUTH: I am not fat
RESULT: not starving yourself, wearing frumpy clothes, hiding.... or feeling ugly.

You can do this with any thought. Some will be harder than others.. and just because you say it, doesn't mean you will instantly feel better. It may take praying through it, or talking with friends, to help you feel better about whatever is bothering you. But, there you have it. How to be the jury of your mind!

Thoughts are powerful.. but, through CHRIST. You can overcome all things. Where there is truth.. there is freedom. Where the light has been shown, the darkness can no longer reside. Rest in the truth, little one.

Comments

Popular Posts