Apologies

APOLOGIES
We've all been on both sides of apologies.
I'm sure you enjoy receiving them, more than you do giving them.
However, as of late, I've not even enjoyed receiving them.
I'm not sure if it's just my corner of the world.. but it seems to me, that everyone has learned how to turn apologies into stabs. And I just can't stand it.
Let me give you an example, in case you don't understand what I mean.
"Hey.. I'm sorry that I _____" all of 3 seconds. THEN "it's just" or "But I"... blah, blah, blah. 
The defending of ones self.. or explaining or justifying of actions is longer than the very short-lived humility. 
I hate it.
I'm sure that I've done it too. But that doesn't make it right by any means.
We need to understand what exactly an apology is.
while the Dictionary doesn't always provide a practical application of what we know the word to mean.. the Connotation rather than denotation. Let's check it out.

Wiki defines it as this:
to acknowledge some fault or offense, with expression of regret for it, by way of amends



So.. why do we turn this moment of humility or "making amends" into a moment that is anything but humble. We make it all about us. And how we weren't in the wrong. If you aren't in the wrong.. there's no need to even apologize. If you are in the wrong.. and you can't apologize without this stab.. maybe they are better off without any apology. Because that isn't apologizing at all!


1 Peter 5:6
So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor.


"Humble yourself before God.
so that, by God, you may be exalted."

"It's better to humble yourself and be exalted by God.
Then exalt yourself and be humbled by God."

Comments

Popular Posts