New Cubbie!

I Had a new little Cubbie last night...He said some of the cutest things! I just thought I'd share with you.

We were coloring, and he said "Please pass the Chocolate"... I looked around the room, very confused. Then turned to him, "We don't have any chocolate, boo??"... He got up from his chair, walked over to the tub with the markers, and picked up the brown one... looking very accomplished, He flashed it in my face saying "Yes, you do, see it's in mines hand!".... How cute!

This was only my second time to have this little guy in cubbies, his first week he told me, that his name was 'Dingus'... Which seemed a little odd to me. After talking with some others in the church (Jill) I discovered that his name was 'Maddox'...
So.. last night, in cubbies, we were talking about friends, and family. And I started to ask him, about his friends. I mentioned his Brother,<-- so I thought, who he came with: Brendan. and he said "No, he is my Aunt, not my friend..." Because Brendan is actually an uncle who he lives with.. I had made the mistake of assuming he was a brother... (Foster living situation..) He quickly set me straight and assured me that they were in fact operating under a completely different title. Aunt and Nephew! (Precious!!!)



I found this.. from over a year ago.. resting in my drafts.. Not sure why I never did anything with it.. Now I have. Miss this little guy! enjoyed teaching him. It's amazing the impact little ones can have on you, and in such short time!

Also.. sorry of the term "Cubbies".. I'm sure a great many of you aren't sure of what exactly this is.. Within AWANA.. there's an age group: Cubbies. I'd love to give you my angle on it.. instead, I'm running short on time, and will leave you to google! unless you're interested in my Wiki Definition :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awana

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts