Two week shopping trip.. $47.00!

Two weeks have passed since my last shopping haul.. It's time to go back! We are getting another two weeks worth of groceries for two adults. Once again I'll be showing my shopping list and the meals in making from it. 
Sticking to the list and budgeting is key to success.. I'm hoping to help others eat well and save money!

2.00 potatoes (I seriously get a different kind of potatoes everytime I buy them.. It all depends on what I am doing and the price)
1.00 frozen veggies (great value)
3.00 pizza (I buy Red Baron or Tony's)
3.00 ice cream (great value)
1.00 cool whip
1.00 bread (great value)
2.00 flour
2.00 powdered sugar
2.00 sugar
2.00 gravy: 1 brown, 1 chicken
1.00 blueberry muffin mix (found with cake mix. Even the name brand is very inexpensive. Makes 6 muffins or 6 pancakes)
2.00 cereal (I usually get the off brand of honey nut Cheerios, frosted flakes, frosted mini wheats or raised bran) 
2.00 paper plates (50 foam plates fro 1.83 great value)
2.00 dr pepper (2 2 liters)
1.00 biscuits (great value)
2.00 orange juice (great value is the brand I get. It's a smaller jug but it's just for me to take vitamins with..Usually anywhere from 1.25-2.00)
2.00 cream cheese (the off brands are anywhere from 1.58-1.78)
5.00 rotisserie chicken (precooked from Walmart deli)
4.00 bacon I got hotel because I had a coupon
4.00 ground beef (the pound I get is usually around 3.64.. But it all depends on the fat content.. The leaner the meat, the more expensive)
3.00 lunch meat (I compare prices between great value and Oscar Meyer)
3.00 kielbasa (Ekrich farms)

Grand total: $47.60

Meals from this shopping trip:
Meatballs potatoes, gravy (2 meals)
 1lb ground beef makes several meatballs for us. I do the prep work, half it and put back one half, make the other. They freeze well and reheat well

Chicken with  gravy and veggies

Chicken with potato salad... 
I bought a rotisserie chicken which is enough for two meals. The first time I will serve with gravy and some of the veggies I bought.. It's our go-to meal once we have unloaded the groceries because it's still warm and it's easy.  The other I will use the potatoes to make potato salad and toss the chicken in some BBQ I have at home.

Kielbasa potatoes and peppers

Kielbasa and Mac and cheese..
 I halved the kielbasa to get two meals. The package I get is a pound. So once again, 1/2lb let meal. For one meal I will sauté the kielbasa and serve with Mac and cheese. The other meal will be a potato, onion, pepper and kielbasa hash

Pizza 
It won't be too much longer and this won't work for us! Haha. The last time we shared a little Tony's pizza I was still hungry BUT it encourages me to have some fruit or salad on the side instead of eating more pizza to get full. And you can always add more toppings before baking to spruce up a frozen pizza

Cinnamon donuts.. 
These are an easy breakfast. You take the prepared can of biscuits, cut holes from the middle and pan fry or deep fry. Then roll in cinnamon and sugar. I'm sure you could even bake them. Just dip the top in melted butter then sprinkle on cinnamon and sugar

Cereal and fruit

Sandwiches and chips (2 meals) 
when I buy lunch meat I buy enough for 4 sandwiches (2 meals)
Pancakes eggs and bacon..
 I'm using my blueberry muffin mix to make pancakes (yes, you can do that.. Just add a little more water or milk Han the packet calls for) and I'll be serving it with half the bacon. 

Ramen stir fry .. 
This is where the other half of the frozen veggies will be used. Toss together with some ramen and soy sauce for a yummy meal
French toast and bacon.. 
I'll use the remaining bread from the sandwiches to make French toast and serve with the remaining bacon

I'll also be making a treat that I've been craving.. Peanut butter pie! I have graham crackers and butter at home for the crust and peanut butter. so, I only needed the cream cheese, powdered sugar and cool whip to complete the filling. 

I like to keep baking goods stocked so I'm topping off my flour and sugar. They are the base to almost everything. There are mornings where I want to make pancakes, waffles, crepes, muffins or some other baked good and it helps to have what I need!

Comments

  1. Well planned on the meals and cost of your list. I count as I put items in the cart to myself, if someone stops to talk, OM Goodness. I start the count over.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts