The fast food trap and how to avoid it

After VBS tomorrow we have errands to run. VBS ends at noon.. Lunch time!

 It would be all too convenient to go through Taco Bell or KFC. In fact, it sounds great! But, we need to save money and eat right! Not to mention, it's NEVER a good idea to go shopping hungry!
Here's my plans for tomorrow to keep our bellies full, wallet a little fuller and still enjoy ourselves! 

First is breakfast:
Blueberry oat muffins with a honey drizzle! Muffins are easy to take on-the-go, tasty and inexpensive. 
Aren't they cute?

For lunch I wanted to use some things we already had, either make it ahead to reheat or find something that was easy to throw in the microwave at church. We ended up with a little of both. 
On the menu:
Sausages in buns (I had two left. They're easy to microwave and will keep well in the fridge)
"Famous potato salad" as Dylan calls it. We both love potato salad, it's the perfect make-ahead dish and I found a way to transport it easily, mess-free and pre-portioned. 
I used more things I already had. Potatoes, made in my potato express..(I used red potatoes this time which have a very thin skin so I left most of the skin on with the exception of blemishes) I keep mustard, mayo, salt, pepper, onions and pickles in the fridge always so this was super convient (sometimes I use celery or green onions instead of pickles if I've already bought them for something else)

And now to show you how potato salad can be picnic-ready, so to speak. I found these cute little containers awhile back at the dollar store and I already had plastic forks from our camping trip. After I put in the desired portions i fastened on the lid and simply added a piece of scoth tape to secure each fork! 
This will be easy to clean up when I get home and super easy to make in the microwave at church.
When you make something you can look forward too you really don't feel like you're missing out at all. 
Stay strong, friends!!

Comments

Popular Posts