Easy breakfast bake

Dylan loooves French toast.. It's probably his favorite breakfast of all time. The bar is high. (His mother makes it very well) 

but this morning when he wanted it I wasn't prepared. I had no bacon or sausage to go with it and not enough bread to make it a meal as is. So, I got creative! Here's the good news, he approved! Said we should make it like this from now on!

I used the little under 1/2 a loaf of Texas toast I had left and a few slices of regular white bread. I diced them into equal sized pieces and put them into the bottom of a greased 9" pan. 
Then I wisked 5 large eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon together in a bowl. 
I poured the eggs on the bread and squished the bread down so it was coated with the eggs. 
Then, it got tricky.. I wanted to make a strussel topping but didn't have any flour left. So, I improvised. I mixed quick oats with brown sugar and put pats of butter on top. (It worked)
Placed in the oven at 350* for 20 minutes until the eggs were done. 
Topped with syrup right before serving. 

Here's the before and after. 
Let me know if you try it and what you think! 

Comments

Popular Posts