No Harsh chemical way of cleaning! Tips and tricks


I am a neat freak.. It's no secret. I'm also pregnant which can make things a little difficult.. No oven cleaner, bleach, comet. 

Does that mean I stop cleaning? No! It means I find safe alternative. Some of these items that I'll be using are things you probably already have in your home for cooking. Others, you have for cleaning but haven't thought to use for anything other than their original purpose. 

Let's get started! Cleaning tips, tricks and alternatives to harsh chemicals. 

For tile- 
I use one of two things to get my role clean. I either place windex in my spray mop when I'm feeling lazy or I mix vinegar with baking soda and scrub the floors prior to mopping. You'll be amazed the difference it makes! Especially if you're really dedicated and take a toothbrush to the grout. Or, resolve works wonders on grout
For your fridge-
There's also a few options for your fridge. Warm soapy water works for your everyday cleaning. However; the spilled, sticky messes need more help. Use 1 cup of vinegar and 2 cups of hot water mixed with essential oils (optional) 

Countertops, washer and dryer tops- 
mix a little cream of tartar with water. This also works wonders for small appliances (toaster, waffle iron..etc)
Carpet-
Vinegar, baking soda and your iron can act as a carpet cleaning solution and "steam cleaning" this works best for oil-based stains. You can sometimes just use the iron to remove stains 
Toilet-
There are SO many things you can use to clean your toilet. Baking soda, vinegar, toothpaste, citric acid, borax, washing soda, windex, dawn dish detergent 
Filters-
Air vents, window units and many other places in your home contain filters that need cleaning. Use your vacuum hose attachment!
Stove/oven/microwave- 
I make a mixture with 5 T of baking soda, 5 T dawn dishwashing detergent (I've found that it works best) and 4 T vinegar. It really works wonders! Just as effective as oven cleaner, safer and you have what you need already to make it! Once cleaned you can add a little wax to prevent some messes in-between cleaning. 
Glass stovetop-
Use baking soda and hydrogen peroxide
Shower- 
The mixture mentioned above works great for your shower. I just double everything so I'll have enough to take care of the whole shower and the shower head. 
Microfiber furniture-
Got stains? Take care of them with a little rubbing alcohol and a warm, wet washcloth
Vent covers-
After they're cleaned rub them down with some car wax to prevent dust build up

Uses for dryer sheets (other than the obvious) 

this simple household product can replace bug spray! I was overjoyed that it actually works. Previously I could only use one bug spray without an allergic reaction but there's still the sticky left-over feeling. Use dryer sheets! Rub them on legs, arms, feet..wherever!

Use them to scrub sinks, toilets, shower, countertops, the fridge. I do so with a little water or soap. The "woven" texture grabs dirt and grime lifting them away. 

Comments

Popular Posts