My Testimony, and Baptism.








I'm sure many of you are confused about me getting baptized, because if you've known me for awhile, you know that a couple years ago, I was baptized, in the Fraser's creek, along with some of my closest buddies. A lot has happened since that day, and hopefully telling you about it, will clear up some of the confusion. When I was baptized, a long time ago, I had mis-understood what exactly salvation was, I was under the impression, that I was saved, because I had grown up going to church, with my parents, and knowing several bible stories.

As I got older, I started to understand a little more about the Bible, and about what salvation was. I began to question if I really was saved or not. It was about that time, that my dad started to read a chapter of Revelation at meal-time everyday. That made me very scared of 'The End Times'. So I started to talk to my mom, and Jeff about the doubts I was having, my mom then went to Debbie Allen who provided me with some tracks and books to read. It really helped me to understand a little more about what salvation was, and why I needed it, it also helped talking with good, strong Christians in my life having them there with me, to pray with me, and help me through this time of doubt. So I finally came to the conclusion that I wasn't saved, and I needed to be...And fast, because Jesus could come at any time, and I wanted to be ready- But at the same time... I didn't want me to struggle with the same doubts that I was having at that moment, all over again.
I wanted to be saved, with someone at my side. So that if there was ever any doubts, I could go to that person, and they could help to re-assure me, that I had in-fact said the prayer, and I was a Christian, because if there is one thing I know about the devil, it's that he uses doubt as a way to get to me. And my salvation, and who I am in Christ, is something that I want to be VERY sure about. So I had come to this conclusion on a Tuesday. I waited till later on in the day, and I called Pastor Bill. I asked him if he was going to be at AWANA the next day, and if we could find some time to talk, because I needed his help with something. So we both agreed on a time, and then got off the phone.



The next night at AWANA, on October 17th 2007 I was SO anxious, and nervous... I was on edge the whole night, finally the time came, Pastor Bill, pulled me aside, into what we call now 'The Old Sanctuary'… And we sat down together on the right side, third row from the back, He was on the right, and I on the left. ( I told you, I didn't want there to be any doubts, I made sure I memorized every detail) we sat there for awhile, and talked together about what had been going on, and He agreed with me, that if I was having doubts, it was best to put an end to them, and get saved. So, we talked a little bit more, then He asked me if I was ready to say the prayer.


We both bowed our heads, and closed our eyes, after sitting there for a second, I realized what was going on, jerking my head up, and opening my eyes, I said “Oh, wait, you wanted ME to say the prayer?”... He explained to me how I needed to do this myself. Because it would help me to be sure. And it would give me some power, over the devil, and the doubts he was throwing at me. So it was there, on that third pew from the back, on the right, October 17th 2007 somewhere around 6:30 P.M. That I prayed and accepted Jesus Christ as my savior. And every ounce of restlessness I had felt from earlier on in that evening, was gone.

I cried, and cried happy tears, because my heart was so filled with joy, and assurance, of my salvation.
And let me tell you, from that day, I haven't had a single doubt, of whether I was saved, or not. And every time I felt that Satan and his doubt was trying to creep back into my life, I would visit my pew and talk with Jesus. That pew was one of my 'Secret Places' where I met with God.
I'd also like to say that I'm VERY grateful for my church family, who has made an amazing impact in my life, and has helped me so much in my spiritual journey. And I'd like to say thank you to my parents, who have brought me to church, almost every Sunday of my life, without them, I wouldn't be where I am today. Thank you so much- I am very blessed to have you all!



So that Sunday, Pastor asked me, if I wanted to share my testimony, to the church, and I used my nursery as an excuse to get out of it, because again, If you know me fairly well, you know that I'm really not a huge fan of public speaking,
well, after that day, when I told him tat I'd rather not share my testimony, I've kicked myself. Not too long ago, Pastor said that he was putting together a baptism, and if anyone wanted to be baptized, to talk to him about it, after the service. All of a sudden, I thought to myself “i could use that as a way to share my testimony” because it seemed pretty selfish to let my stage- fright, get in the way of sharing what God has done for me.
So this Sunday, October 31st, I got baptized, and I couldn't be happier, that I shared my testimony. And as cold as it was, got baptized!

Comments

  1. This is so exciting! I was looking forward to hearing about this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story and testimony. I think your experience would resonate with a lot of people who accepted Christ at such an early age they don't have any actual recollection of it. Personally, I think everyone needs to have a recollection of having made, or at least reaffirmed, that decision. It's the most important decision in a person's life and it's kind of absurd not to remember it. For instance, what if you just kind of eased into being married to a person or parenting children. "Hmm, I've been with this person for so long, I don't really recall how we came to be together, but I know we are together." or "I don't know when I got these kids, but I am sure I'm their parent." Kind of crazy.
    Nonetheless, in these examples, the fact would remain that the relationship is real. The point is that it makes since to know how you got into a relationship. Maybe that's why old married couples renew their vows?
    Anyway, we're proud of you, Tamara!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts