Baths and back stories


Every night my son takes a bath with much fighting.. and at the end of the bath while the water is draining he squeezes the water from his rubber duckies and puts them in the toy bin.. but last night he lined them all up on the edge of the tub. I was instantly taken back to a storybook I used to read when I was little, it was about a family of bath toys that were always lined up on the edge of the tub.. there was a mommy, daddy and a little girl. 
Anyway, I can’t remember how old I was when I enjoyed thsg book so much but I couldn’t have been more than 6/7 and I can still see the pictures plain as day, hear my grandmas voice reading it to me. 
Often times, we don’t give our children enough credit. We think they are young/naive.. but obviously things that are seemingly insignificant can be memorable/make an impact.
That was a wake up call to me as a mother.. a good reminder to parent intentionally, to make sure I am present in all the moments- not just the “big ones” because you never know what memories will stick out to them.

Comments

Popular Posts