Irreplaceable

                    


          People are eternal beings. We either spend an eternity in heaven, or hell.
So often we think once we are "done" with someone, we can simply "move on" from them or find someone else to replace them.
 
I have a problem with this thought.. it seems flawed to me. As I've said, we are eternal. So, why would we think just because we are "done" with a person, they cease to exist?
 
Obviously, we allowed them to have a part in our lives for one reason or another. Reasons can be causes of regret later on- but never completely forgotten or erased.
I can't tell you how many times I've heard woman tearfully express
 "I can't believe I was so stupid to think (blank)"
whether we blame ourselves or someone else- it takes a lot to bury thoughts or past experiences.
 
There will always be a piece of someone that's left behind. Sometimes small, but other-times very large. My grandma for example; left lasting memories and love when she passed. While an ex boyfriend may just leave a few lessons learned or items they never collected. Whether what's left behind is an item or wrinkle in our brain-
it will take more than making yourself think about something else or throwing things out to completely erase the impact left behind by people.
 
People can never be replaced- not by machines that are more efficient, or others who are "more fitting" to your personal needs.
 
Everyone serves one purpose or another. Everyone has something only they can offer.
No two people are the same. God has created us all unique beings.
 
So why are our first thoughts when we lose someone/something of how to replace it? what in our mind switches from being attached to an item so much we feel empty without it- to removing ourselves and seeking to find something else to "fill the void"
 
why can we not mourn the loss of one being without seeking another to make us happy again? we replace items when they start to act squirrely, instead of trying to fix them. we buy another fish before Suzy gets home to find that it died. We start talking to another guy not long after the first leaves us.
 
I'm not claiming to be innocent of this "crime" I've seen it in myself once before. I leaned on a friend entirely too much after a troubling time in my life and focused on them rather than healing.
The results from the crash of this relationship were just as devastating- because I then found myself dealing with not only the issue at hand, but the one I had hid from before.
 
I urge everyone to see people as eternal..
whether you believe they will be eternally in your life or not.
Just as you will be living with the trace they leave on you, they will carry a piece of you with them as well. Is the affect you've had on them worth carrying eternally?
 
think about it.
 

Comments

Popular Posts