Phillippians 1:6


" For I am CONFIDENT in this very thing, that he who began a GOOD work in you will PERFECT it UNTIL the day of Christ"

I love this verse. It's been encouraging me lately. Because I sometimes don't see why Jesus cares about me, why he takes the time to love me. why he bothers to listen... then I read this verse. and I remember...
1. God never gives up, He started me, he started a GOOD work -in- me and he won't quit until he's finished...
2. it also says that I can be confident in this. If God says we can be confident in it or sure in it, it's saying it's a promise, one he'll keep-
3. he will perfect it, he won't get lazy... or frustrated on how difficult I am, he will keep working until he's PERFECTED the GOOD work he's started in me.
4. I shouldn't get discouraged about how long it takes because it says UNTIL THE DAY OF CHRIST. God works in his own time, sometimes when we don't know how long it will take we give up! but now we know... because it says "the day of the Lord Jesus Christ" so on that day we will be PERFECTED everything good that he started in us, will be completed....

amen,
thank you for that promise!

Comments

  1. Thank you for posting this. It has been an encouragement to me today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts