Raising A Daughter



It’s surprises many people when I say that I’m more comfortable raising boys than I am my girl. Don’t get me wrong, I thank the Lord that my firstborn was a girl and I would be so sad if I had ALL boys but I’m so terrified to raise a girl...
She tests me. Everyday. 
She is strong-willed, independent, brilliant, sassy, curious, has an excellent memory and tries to be so much like me.. so, I guess if I’m being honest the fear isn’t so much raising her as it is taking care of myself, because I know she’s watching my every move. 

I want my daughter to be kind, strong, smart, confident and so much more.. as we all do! But figuring out how to get them from point A to point B can be so trying sometimes. 
I want to correct her attitude, without destroying her fighting spirit.
I want to keep her humble, while praying she exudes confidence. 
I want to watch her learn, while hoping she understands having fun is important too. 
I want her to do her best, but be okay when she makes a mistake

Being a woman is hard.. loving yourself, finding your people, making sure you don’t  get into bad situations, constant gossip, love/marriage/becoming a mother.. I want to prepare her as much as I can to succeed. 

We need a generation of women who value their bodies, choose their words carefully, care for their friends, put family first and know who they are. I don’t feel adequate to teach my daughter everything she needs to know to do well in life but you better believe I’m going to try! I can’t wait to see all that she becomes. 

Comments

Popular Posts