Life insurance

As a young person I may seem gullible to salesmen who have a quota to meet so, it was no surprise when I was reeled into a life insurance sales pitch one day when I went in to pay my car insurance bill Phoenix in tow. She was a chubby 3 month old and obviously my whole world.  

I listened to the agent to be polite but after I left the conversation weighed heavy on my heart. 
The next day I called back on my lunch break to schedule an appointment. I wanted to wise up so that I could go home and repeat the sales pitch as best as I could remember to my husband who would undoubtedly be skeptical. 
I understood that it was another bill but I also understood as a young couple it's much easier to count on a monthly bill than an unexpected expense. 

I don't want my children to suffer because I am not made of money. If they want to cash out their policy someday for a wedding or to go to school I want them to have that option. Or, God forbid I want to have peace of mind that should something unspeakable happen we have a plan to fall back on. 

When I got pregnant again one of my first thoughts was "will be able to afford two policies?" To me "no" wasn't an acceptable answer. 
Our insurance premium is outrageous every month with two vehicles insured under full coverage and the life insurance policies but I really think it's the responsible thing to do. 

I know how expensive life can get and often as a young person you are limited based off the amount of money you have. Then, you are limited on how much you can make if you don't have the education that's needed. 
To give my children a broader horizon would mean the world to me. I think it's the best gift I could give. 

Comments

Popular Posts