Whats in a title..

For a couple weeks now, work has been insufferable. I absolutely dreaded working- on the days when they actually gave me hours. Many people whom I am close to, were advising me to quit. But that isn't the Tamara way! So I stuck it out. I did, however, on one if my days off, send a letter with my mom, for her to deliver on her lunch break. In that letter, through writing, I gained freedom. Freedom of speech. All of the feelings, worries un-voiced complaints.. Everything. Almost. I stuffed in there. With respect and maturity. It took several times of writing, re-writing, ripping & throwing away.. To get it right. Finally, when I thought I had a "winner"- I reluctantly handed it to my mom. All night, knowing I had to go I. There today & face them, I was tossing and turning..

And of course, my worries and restlessness- was all in vain, save the circles under my eyes when I awoke. (rewarding, right?)

Reagan, after she had finished what she was working on, and we were slow, knowing this was the perfect time, snagged the opportunity.

We sat outside with coffee. (sounds Bice until you factor in the heat!) and she addressed all my points in my letter. For the most part, I just listened.. I had said mist everything in my letter. It was her turn. She would ask for input, an I gave it.. Then, the best part. The solution!! She listened to my suggestions & made some of her own. And we reached an agreement.

Today was my first day in a new position. (drum roll, please)

I LOVED IT :)
I worked as a 'floor supervisor', register, dishes & did prep.
I felt so important, higher up on the totum- pole & helpful. I was able to relieve stress from the waitress- because I've been one, and I know how it gets. I was able to socialize some, still, working the register.. Which is always great. I helped behind the scenes with prep- which makes the cooks job a lot easier.
When it gets ridiculous- I'll help waitress. But for now.. I'm Learning a new position & loving every second if it! I made more money working 8 hours today, than I usually do in a week, on waitress pay. I love being able to do several positions. Makes me feel well-rounded. And it's job security!

All I've ever wanted.. Ever. In any aspect of life, is to be and feel appreciated. I believe I'm more-so on my way, in the workplace. Though it was un-charted waters, in a way. I felt comfortable- and Reagan said I was a huge help.

P.S. I got to use the deli slicer!!! :)

Thanks, Jesus!! You work in mighty ways. And to everyone who's listened to my complaining- thank you!

Comments

Popular Posts