Jesus loves them too!

There are many times when I find myself thinking negative thoughts. It's hard to know what to do with them sometimes. But I knew I had to do something. Though we're the only ones who know our thoughts- it isn't healthy to have negative ones. This can create division between you and another, change the way you see them. Sometimes, it even shows on the outside. By way of evil glares or the way you act towards them. Our thoughts can direct out actions and end up hurting others. That's powerful! I knew that something had to be done. Negative feelings towards others, though unspoken are in Godly.

I spoke with my mentor about it. She said that she struggles with this as well. I think if you're honest with yourself, you'll find that you do too!
That's part of why instating this. To help you face situations where you're thinking these thoughts.
It will be hard to catch yourself in the act of this. But once you've gotten to where you realize what's going on- you'll be able to take steps to counteract the negativity.

When you catch yourself:
First think of how Jesus loves them. And more than that. How He loves you as well. Realize that you're undeserving of this love- and you have no place to judge whether someone else is. We're all sinners saved by grace.
Then- think of who this person is to you. It could be your mom, friend, teacher.. Whoever. Find good things about them- focus in that rather than the bad.

So simple. So powerful. Live it! Share it! Be a blessing.

Say to yourself "Jesus loves them too"

Comments

Popular Posts