http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTgazFTAKRA


I know, I know.. only I could blog about a movie trailer...
Anyway.. when I was in the theater, waiting to see "Mr. Poppers Penguins" -cute movie, by the way- this trailer came on.. and ask Anthony, I whipped out my pen and notebook from my purse that instant, and starting jotting everything down.. (Maybe now he'll understand why)
FIRST.. watch the trailer, if you haven't already, I posted the link... then when I'm talking about my observations.. the pictures will be fresh on your mind!

So.. lets imagine for a moment, that we are SCRAT... It's quite an appropriate name, for the messes that we are, at times, don't you think?.. so- you can drop the squirrel part. But imagine we're Scrat.. instead of an acorn, we're holding on to this ONE sin... we can't seem to ever let it go, and we're totally going out of our way to keep it, harbor it deeper and deeper inside... even though, as the acorn was, it's tearing our world apart, and even effecting others around us.. cracking our world, changing things for the worst.. making us look bad... the list goes on and on.
I know that I'm guilty of this at times.. letting go of things is NOT my strong front.. not at all. I'm guilty, like Scrat was doing, of holding on to that one sin, or that one burden, that one past regret... and letting it tear me and my world totally apart... Holding on to it, for my dear life, though it's the death of me.. knowing that letting it go, is for the best, but not wanting too, or even knowing where to start..

I could go on and on, and rambel.. but I think you get the point already. It's a pretty simple concept. So anyway.. to bring this to a close-- you know the verse!! give your burdens to him :) you don't have to do it alone.. he gives you strength :)

Comments

Popular Posts