Drivers license.. and an unexpeced thing that's come of that..

Mmm... 16. Such a sweet age.
Finally, after studying, taking the written test, passing, getting my permit, driving with my permit, and with an adult for 6 months, taking my drivers test, passing, going to the revenue office, filling out a mound of paperwork... I have a license! and I haven't wasted any time putting it to use!! the day of, I drove me and my sister to church.. day after, drove me and all my sissies to the church for a meeting, then me, Gwen and Brenda to the movies!! since then, I've been driving the past couple days to and from a ladies house to do housework, and yard-work for her... I've grown up occasionally going to her house, so I was fairly confident on knowing the way, I'm familiar with the kind of roads I'm traveling on, there isn't much traffic and it's a beautiful drive.. not to mention only 17 minutes to get there.. and 15 to get back.. (which is easier on my gas fund, than going into town would be)

I love the drive every morning.. The radio signal for my station won't reach all the way out there.. so I keep it off, and enjoy the time in silence.. (I don't get much of that) then for those times, when I've had a couple minutes of silence (and I can't stand any more) I pray aloud, to God, not having to worry about who's listening.. I can just be me, with My God, no-one else around, to hear me, and be critical over the words I'm using, or the things I'm praying for. I'm grateful for that time every morning.. to just be alone with Jesus.. to get to know him better, get to share more with Him, and hopefully (ultimately) become MORE like him...

anyway.. sorry, I went off on one of my little sermons.. it's great having a chance to spread my wings, while still being close, not spending too much money on gas, making money the hard way, getting closer to God, being responsible for ONLY myself... not 4 other siblings and my dad, which leads me to my other thing BEING ON TIME!!! :)))))
and don't worry.. I'm being totally responsible. Going the speed limit, not using a phone while driving, blinkers.. the whole nine yards!
who knew that a little plastic card, with my picture on it.. could mean so much?

Comments

  1. Oh Tamara. What a sweet post. I love to hear you smiling through your words. And I completely understand about the silence in the car. I have grown to love my time there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tamara! Its such a nice post and interesting facts you write, and I never thought that we can write about our driving experience too... I just Love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts