Top friends..





For awhile now, this thing has been going around on Facebook. And I've managed to find my way to the top, or just under, on several people's lists. I only posted four on this post.but I counted, and on my Facebook there are six all-together. And on every single one of them, I'm not any lower than the third.. At first I was a little embarrassed. Because I didn't want people to think that I'm a stalker. Then I got to thinking about it.. And I realized something about myself- something I've always known.. but I guess it took a Facebook application to get me to admit it. And it's this:

I take friendships (or relationships of any kind) very seriously

I mean my mom, has told me this several times.. and a couple of my friends have as well. Even without them telling me, I've always knew. I've gotten hurt several times, because usually in relationships I'm more involved, more serious, than the other person is. And I've taken it personally. I've always thought that there was something wrong with me. Because it seemed as though every time I was really interested in a relationship. Every time I found someone I was really into, they wouldn't return the affection.
as I've gotten older, as friends have moved away, as I've met new people- I've started to realize that it's not that there's anything wrong with me. I'm not doing something bad, I'm not the one that is to blame. And I'm not necessarily saying that they are either.
It's just that sometimes, I'm going to have to be careful about who I'm close to.. who I allow myself to become obsessed over. I need to learn early on in the friendships that this person probably isn't going to take things as seriously as I do. And I might just get hurt. And that's okay. I need to put my focus
FIRST on my relationship with Christ. Because he's NEVER going to let me down. He will never loose interest in me. I'll never be able to out-do his affection.
SECOND I need to learn that there are a few people in life, that think I'm worth their time, that love me for who I am, and want to be around me..
after I've grown closer to Christ. And I'm happy with HIM. I'll be able to be happy with another human being. And I'll be able to be my obsessive, loving, loyal, interested-in-another-person.. Self.

SO, long story short (I'm sure this is your favorite part.. Sorry. I talk a lot.)
I am a very loyal, serious person.. Most people aren't.
After directing my attention to Christ, his love and affection towards me. His loyalty, and promise to NEVER leave, or forsake me.. I can (hopefully) learn to fill myself with him, and let others just be the icing on the cake.. Homework? I think so!!

Comments

Popular Posts