Sassy,


Today I was on a Jog, (I've been going on a Jog every day this week,) and I had just passed the mile mark, I was on my way home... as the mail-lady passed me I waved... and then we both went on our ways.
as I got closer to the house I realized there was something black in the road, and mom and the mail-lady were talking.
I said to myself "oh, Please dear God, don't let that be a dog." I started to run faster and faster till I reached the spot in the road.
There she was, our dog sassy... blood and eyes, were on the road. Mom and the mail lady approached me and started to console me, "she didn't suffer, it was a direct hit to the head, she didn't holler" "I know, I was here, I didn't hear anything"
Mom and the mail lady walked back to her vehicle and they said their goodbyes, I picked her up and took her out of the road, covered up the blood with some dirt. and then went to find a box. I knew that I would have to be the one to bury her, my sister was too upset, it was her dog.
so my neighbor and I found a box and we dug a hole for her, then another and another, till we found a good spot.
so she's gone, she was buried with notes, flowers and her favorite toy,
she will be missed. our friend. she was always there to jog with me, to play fetch, frisbee, baseball she had several sets of puppies all born in my sisters bed. she will be missed yes, even tomorrow, when I'm jogging and she isn't there to race me.
goodbye sassy,
happy hunting...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts