ehhh...

I thought your every move was just for me, that the attention you gave was mine to rave on about.
But now that I step back, and my mind has cleared, I've found you out.
I was just one of many to fall in this pit, that you call your life.
I guess I just took it farther than all the others, because now that the fog has cleared, I see my mistakes.
My poor decisions, that went on to what seemed like no end.
I lived my life to please you, all the presents and smiles, hugs and phone calls.
Now It's all wasted and I feel like a fool,
how did I not see that you had others dangling from your finger-tips,
heeding every request that fell from your lips. Your wish was our command,
we were like a pitiful army doing what the general said.
But now it's over and your ground is about to shake, all your toys have come awake.
And we see our mistakes- we've gotten stronger, and were going to rebel.
Just like our smiles fell, yours soon will.
You'll feel sorry for all the games you've played, and maybe you'll be the one falling in the pit you've made.
But it's too late for all your apologizes and tricks, I've learned my lesson and I won't be kicked out this place I now call my home, I feel safe, and I feel strong. Now that I know where you belong (the back of my mind)
If you offered me back my old life, bowing down and worshiping you for a place in your life. I hope that I'd say no. because it's never worth it. Going through all this pain again.

Comments

Popular Posts