Finding your tribe

There are always going to be people “better” than you in certain areas.. it’s impossible to be good at everything. Believe me, I’ve tried.
Someone may be smarter than you but you may be funnier
Someone may be richer than you but you may be more kind
Someone may have a better memory than you but you may be a better cook…. 
So on.. so forth.. you get the point. 
We will always have differences, weaknesses, strengths, gaps in our resumes or holes in our character- that’s why it’s important to have a tribe; people in your corner that even you out. 

I’m not good at being patient.. I talk a lot and I over plan/think things. (I have a lot more weaknesses than that but those are the ones we are going to focus on) 
My boyfriend is great at being patient- so he completes me in that area. 
I have a friend who doesn’t say much but she’s great at listening- so I keep the conversation going when she can’t make small talk and she listens when I’m going on-and-on. 
I plan, plan and plan some more so I have a friend who says “we’ll see” or “let’s just see how it goes” and I swallow really hard/take a deep breath.. do it her way and it ends up being better!

It’s so easy to focus on our differences and let them drive a wedge. 
It’s so easy to feel insecure when we don’t “measure up” 

But instead of feeling inferior by people who are “better” than you- befriend them and form a tribe made up of diverse people who complete each other. 
There’s always more than one perspective and I definitely want those people who are “better” than me on my side instead of against me. 
Choose acceptance 
Choose to celebrate your friends in their strengths and giving grace in their weaknesses. 
Choose to be humble
Choose to be kind
Choose to be self aware and open minded

There’s a whole world out there full of people- don’t narrow your options because of insecurities. 
And don’t always assume your way is the only way. 

Comments

Popular Posts