attitude of gratitude



Bringing home our third baby was very overwhelming.. me and baby were tired, having issues and had a lot to figure out. My other two still needed me and as we all know, dishes/laundry/cleaning doesn’t just stop because you have a newborn. 
I quickly got very discouraged and could feel myself slipping. I didn’t want to turn into an angry person or let depression sink in so I started to make a list of things I was thankful for to keep my head above water. 

First, I’m thankful that we didn’t end up at children’s like we thought. 
I’m thankful for awesome nurses and doctors who never skipped a beat on giving us the best care. 
I’m thankful for my awesome husband who was with me every second he could be and kept me calm. 
I’m thankful that my baby will be seen by Dunaway. He is so special to our family. 
I’m thankful that dr Case came back and I got to use her as my OB doctor. She was wonderful as were all of the staff at her clinic. 
I’m thankful for our baby shower.. it was such a blessing to me
I’m thankful for our van that comfortably seats our family and safely gets us where we need to go. 
I’m handful for my home to bring my babies home too. It’s ours, has plenty of room and a good yard for the kids to play in. 
I’m thankful for friends who checked in when they heard Cameron had come early
I’m thankful for the many prayers that were said for our family
I’m thankful for my mom who is always willing to do anything. She was at the house quickly to watch the kids when I went into labor 
I’m thankful for my husbands manager who texted him and said they could manage without him a few days- without him even asking for time off- she wanted to be sure he could help me and spend time with his son. 
I’m thankful for my coworkers who are probably going through hell, being really short-staffed but haven’t made me feel bad about it in the least. 

I’m thankful that my work offers paid time off and I was able to save some up for my maternity leave. 

Comments

Popular Posts