Stuffed shells

This is a recipie that you will fall in love with for the following reasons:
It's super easy
It's cost effective
It tastes  like it could have come from a restraunt!

What you will need:
1 bag frozen spinach (thaw and drain, if desired)
1 small container of ricotta cheese
Jumbo shells
Pasta sauce (I use Ragu)
Mozzarella or Parmesan cheese for the top. 
Salt/pepper/garlic to taste 
It only took about $5 to buy those items! To make it even better I have shells, pasta sauce and cheese left-over to make more or another dish. 
So, for 4 servings I spent $5.00.. When you break it down this meal really is cheap. 

As I said, it's also really simple to make. 

I cooked the shells, 
combined the salt, pepper, garlic, ricotta and spinach together in a bowl and placed a generous spoonful in each. 
Then, to top it all off I added sauce to half (Dylan doesn't care for it) and mozzarella cheese. 

Since the shells were already cooked it didn't take long at all to bake. I used my best judgement with 10 minutes @350* and they turned out great. 

*HERES A TIP*
when baking, cover with foil

I hope you'll give it a try, enjoy it and let me know what you think!

Comments

Popular Posts