Cooking with coupons

I'm not ashamed to admit that I use coupons. Why not get a cheaper price? In fact, coupons often help me decide what to buy for the week! 
I'm going to share a recent success with couponing. Here's two meals made with soups I got for .20 each. Bread for .60 and mushrooms/onions bought on sale and used in both dishes to cut down on ingredients. (If you don't already have beef in the freezer broccoli and noodles you'll need them) 

My first dish is beef stroganoff. I used cream of mushroom soup, onions, mushrooms, parsley and chipotle seasoning for a little kick. 
I sautéed the onions and mushrooms together with the beef until browned 
Then added in the cream of mushroom until warm and creamy. Poured in the noodles and toasted up some of my lovely bread!
I'm using half for the stroganoff.. The other half I will be saving to make croutons to go with my second coupon dish. 



Second dish:
As I said, we will be using what's left of the onions and mushrooms for this dish along with frozen broccoli and the croutons made from our lovely .60 bread! It's very simple. I dive the onions and mushrooms and sauté them with some salt and pepper then pour into a pot with my Campbell's soup and broccoli. Let simmer until broccoli is tender. It's so simple.. And so delicious! You can also add chicken :)

Comments

Popular Posts