He knows

He knows
When I first started driving I was very nervous about every move I made. It was a whole new world to me. You never realize how much passes you by when you aren't on alert in the drivers seat!
Unfortunately, that fades with time. One day I was driving my dads Honda to an appointment. I was already running a little behind and not paying as much attention as I should have been.. I looked down at the radio for just a second and when I looked back up I found myself slightly off the pavement and just in time to run over something sharp enough to.. You guessed it, flatten the tire!! Ugh. So, I called my dad and asked if he could come get me and take me to my appointment. 
He didn't waste any time asking about the tire.. To which "I had no idea" but he did. He with the most confidence told me he had noticed I "hugged the edge of the road" and it was bound to happen because there's a lot on the edge. 
Of course he got me and helped me to my appointment.. But the moral of the story really isn't the tire. What I got from all of this is something much deeper. 
Like my earthly father knows me, so does my Heavenly Father. So many times we try to hide something we have done because we are ashamed or don't know how to ask for help. It's such a relief to know that HE KNOWS! God knows me better than anyone, myself included. He can understand my every thought and predict my every action. That's the beauty of being a believer.. It completely removed the "middle man" (though in a way He is sometimes the middle man) I don't have to go through a long back story or explain what I was thinking. He already knows! So why hide? Why lie? 


Comments

Popular Posts