2014: The Rusk Newsletter

2014 Has been a year of many struggles.. at several points I found myself questioning God's plan and praying for strength. As always, I made it through (by God's grace, of course) but that's not to say that it was easy.

While I'm making it sound all bad, it wasn't. My life was drastically changed in the best way on January 21st when I found out I was pregnant. Something I had wanted to be my whole life (a mom) became very real all at once.

We finally met our sweet girl on after what seemed like forever on September 25th- She arrived at 6:30 P.M. Weighing 6lbs 9.8oz. She has been a very healthy and sweet baby. I couldn't ask for better. I've already lost more sleep than I ever thought possible and haven't minded it as much as you would think. I've been put in a position of not only making decisions for myself but for my child as well- and it's a big responsibility. I pray for God's guidance that I will do His will for myself and my family.

While she is mine and Dylan's whole world things have happened between January and September.
I've lost my closest friend this May to cancer and then another in August to cancer as well. Seeing them both in their last days/hours was both a blessing and tragedy. It isn't until you spend the last moments you can with someone that you are truly grateful for every one you are given and every one you've spent together.
We moved back to the mountain the 1st of December temporarily after a few months of living in town. We are a house-divided on where we want to live. We are at least in a safer and cleaner apartment here!

 This November was another year older for me and one year of marriage for Dylan and myself. We're proud to have celebrated one year of marriage and almost three years of being together. We aren't the perfect couple but we have the willingness it takes to improve. We seek guidance from God and other couples.. and have a love for who each other is that gets us through. Being parents has made us more of a team as we share responsibilities and hold each other accountable.

Speaking of marriage, it was a joy to be a part of my sisters wedding in December. She and her groom said "I do" on 12-13-14 at 15:00. It was a beautiful ceremony of red and black in Claremore, OK. They are currently living in Oark as Mason works construction. Brenda has a ship-out date in January and will be in training until march of 2015. We are sad to see her go but are excited to see the things in store for her through the military. After she completes her training she will be using the GI Bill to attend UAFS.

We had a wonderful Baby's First Christmas. We were blessed with quality family-time and were able to make a trip to Watson, OK in our wonderful, new reliable car.

I plan to start school this upcoming fall if everything can be worked out at Arkansas Tech University in Ozark for Cosemetology or Business. Once again, I'm back-and-forth about my calling as far as education goes and hoping to get financial aid. College is expensive, but worth it. I am excited to have a career someday and ditch the minimum-wage lifestyle.

Dylan and I hope to start saving and setting up for a home. Now that we are a family of more than two a studio apartment isn't the most practical thing. We are looking into American or Amish Homes (select from multiple styles/sizes pay for shipping and set it up) and property in Clarksville.

In other exciting news, then I will let you go- I've made the prayerful decision to join East MT. Zion Trinity Baptist Church after almost three years of making it my home. I will be baptized the first Sunday of January and looking for ministry opportunities. I'm grateful that God has healed the brokenness in my heart after the hole that was left years ago and given me a home-church that loves me and my little family.

Here's to hoping for a wonderful 2015 to you and yours! Thanks for reading!
with love,
Dylan, Tamara and Phoenix Rusk

Comments

Popular Posts