Birthday Girls



December is a month of many birthdays for my family and friends. Mom, Mary, Jeff, Donna..etc. And now, my mother-in-law! I’ve been thinking lately of what I could do for them- to celebrate their years of life. While this blog post isn’t all, it can serve as the icing on the cake!
My mom and mother-in-law both have much in common. They share a name, month of their birthdays, their moms live in Oklahoma..etc. But there’s more significant things than just a name or month.
We had a huge ice/snow storm this month- that was quite unexpected. And in the midst of all the confusion and frustration of the power being out, being stuck on the mountain and cold.. I realized things about both of my moms; Things that I admire about them and they share. So, I wanted to take a few minutes to highlight those qualities.
Both my mom and mother-in-law sprang into action during this storm.
 My mom was constantly checking on our neighbor- with much concern for the operation of her mom’s oxygen tank, her daughter’s car accident and even cooked her enough food for her family- then brought it to her.
While my mother-in-law ventured up the mountain (un-touched by the snow plows.) To ensure that Dylan and I wouldn’t loose our 25% discount that was only good for two days. We’re both out of cars- as Dylan’s is in the shop and my dad had the one I drive. We got our grocery shopping done, saved money and Without risking our lives.
My mom also cooked for us several times (she has a propane stove/oven)
My mother-in-law bought us a propane stove/oven, so that the next time disaster strikes we will have a way to cook for ourselves. (we currently only have an electric counter-top burner) which kills me! I love to cook and bake. There’s no way we would have an extra couple hundred dollars to purchase a stove
And the list goes on-and-on. From helping us to install the stove/oven.. to helping us with propane and so much more! Parents NEVER stop giving! Even when it isn’t asked or expected of them. I feel truly blessed and privileged to be the daughter and daughter-in-law of such wonderful woman/men of God.
There’s really no way to thank them as they should be for all they’ve provided us with. Both when we lived with them and even now, when we are on our own. I only hope that someday I can be of help to others as my and Dylan’s parents have been to us.
And lastly, Happy Birthday, Mom and Mom #2! I love you!

Comments

Popular Posts