Reflection Of the Day..


Lately, EVERYTHING seems to be falling apart. I'm not doing so great health wise.. Money has been an issue, job, College has literally crumbled to pieces right in front of me. I'm stressed from every direction. It's been really easy to be negative. Which isn't saying much, I struggle with seeing the glass half full even when things aren't as rocky.
But God has really put it on my heart to open my eyes. To see the big picture and praise Him, even when it's hard. I can't say that I'm the best at it, but I do know that I'm doing much better than before. 
Today, I really needed His gentle reminder. I've had a rough past few days. Haven't been feeling well and every time I work something out, it just seems to fall apart again. However, I decided to take some time this morning to relax. I'm back on my sleeping medicine now, So I finally got a better nights rest- which helped me to feel refreshed this morning. I said a prayer and was careful to praise Him more than I vented/complained.
Sometimes a prayer doesn't seem to be "enough" as soon as I say amen, my spirit becomes a little weaker and I just can't seem to stay in that happy place. So I've decided to make a "Praise List" I'm HUGE on lists.. and it always seems as though my prayer list out numbers my praises. So I've promised myself from now on, when I'm feeling negative I will try my best to set aside some time to list some things that I can see God doing.
Some things may be little victories. Seemingly silly to someone else.. But as it's been said, "It's the little things". It's a very rewarding task. Not only does it really help me to see things rather than just think/hear them. But actually writing it, makes it more real to me. Something that I'm realizing myself- or something that's affecting me. It's also nice to look back at.
It also helps me to see that God really never does forsake us. Even in the midst of my anxiety and stress, worry, fear.. all of it. Every thing that's coming my way, HE is greater and stronger. He allows all of this to be. So I know that it's all part of a bigger picture that I haven't discovered yet. Things may not be happening as I planned- but that's the beauty of it. HE plans my tomorrow.
I would encourage everyone to do something similar. If writing isn't your thing, maybe you can just say a prayer to God and ask Him to bring things to your mind. Then, verbally thank Him. He doesn't get near enough credit. At least not in my life. I know that I'm a disaster. And without His ever present care, I would be so so much worse. 
When I humble myself and begin to write out these things I have to be grateful for, It almost doesn't feel like I'm doing anything at all. He brings it all to mind. And the focus on those things written quickly takes over the forefront of my mind, where the worry and heartache used to reside.
Your mindset, outlook totally defines who you are. Ideas soon become actions, thoughts are always expressed in one way or another. If you can just think on pure, lovely, uplifting, desirable things- satan has no room to act. He has no hold on you.
You have to be in control of your thoughts. Don't let your mind wander. Just as idle hands do the devils work, your mind wandering can lead to dark places. ALWAYS stay in the light. Control your thoughts as you should your actions. An evil deed done in private is just as evil as one that is seen. Integrity is who you are and what you do, even when no one is watching.
Focus on what is pure and honorable, my friends. I promise it will  be one of the best decisions you have made in your whole lifetime. I know that I'm grateful for this decision. It will take some practice to focus on the good, rather than the bad. But once I get it down, I know that it will become easier and will change my life for the better.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts