Music flowed through my fingers...


Today, for the first time in awhile, I sat down at the piano.. and played.
It felt so good to be a part of music again. I had avoided the piano for awhile, for some reason or another. But today, for some reason, I felt ready, to sit and play again. So I did. And I'm so glad.

I sat, with the door open, for all the neighbors to hear
..
closed my eyes.. and let my fingers do the work. Though I had been distant, and avoiding, or hiding the music for whatever reason, my fingers hadn't ever left the music. They found their way over the keys, and to my surprise, made music. Beautiful music. That I had neglected for so long.
I can't even explain how amazed I was that though my mind and the rest of my body had neglected the piano, my fingers knew the way.. and they unashamedly, and unabashedly led the way. Making lovely sounds, that left me, awestruck.

Piano... tomorrow. You and me. Same time. Same place. Same tunes :]

Comments

  1. Like! I've been missing the piano too now that I don't have my grandma's to play anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts