You've Got Mail!


As many of you may or may not know- My life has been incredibly difficult since Jan 7th of 2010.. a lot of hard things have happened since then, that have changed my life drastically. And I'm still suffering a considerable amount from many of those things. One that I speak of, was my bestest friend in the whole wide world, Gwen, moving faaaaaar away. It's amazing how much that one little thing can change your life. Not just your life as a whole, but your life day by day.. you have to subtract someone from your schedule. Because they aren't there anymore.

One thing people (including Gwen) would say to me, as they were wiping away my tears was this: "well, you'll always have letters and Facebook.. you won't loose touch. I know you won't"- well. We tried letters, it took it 3 months to get back and forth, and with how many different places they were going to, and how often their address changed that didn't work. So then we tried chat.. which didn't work most of the time either.. they have a 4 hour time difference there, than we do. So when I was on, she was going to bed, or school.. and chat hardly ever works anyway.
Then we started doing wall posts.. but that didn't work a lot of the time either, because everyone could see it. (girls do have private conversations, believe it or not) well. I'm glad to report that we've finally figured it out. We've started one MASSIVE inbox message.. and everytime we're on we'll reply. We'll reply to the previous message, and then write a new one, with an update!! it's great. I love it. I want to have a celebration everytime I log in.. I wish my computer would just say out loud "you've got mail" (sense It doesn't... I say it, in a manly voice) Haha...
ANyway.. it's amazing how a little thing like that can make your day, and give you more hope that your friendship will last. It also helps to pass the time! she'll be back soon.. and I can't wait :)


Love you Gwen!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts